Tuition Rates 2019-2020
* Hours are the total number of hours taken for all students in one family (adults and/or kids).
** For your convenience, we allow the yearly tuition to be paid over 10 months from August to May. The monthly payment is the same, regardless of the number of classes in that month, as it is simply one tenth of the yearly tuition. If registering after September 1st, you will be responsible for the registration fee, the August tuition payment and the September tuition payment, regardless of the number of classes attending in September. If registering after Oct. 1st, you will be responsible for the registration fee, the previous month tuition and the current month tuition (regardless of the number of classes attended in the registration month).
*** To calculate rate for 10+ hours, use the base rate of $50/hour and multiply by the number of hours enrolled per week. (For example, if it’s 12 hours per week, the rate would be 12x$50 = $600/month or $6000/year)
Please use the on-line registration links to sign up for classes, workshops and camps. A $30/student non-refundable registration fee ($20/sibling) is due at registration.
All performance based classes include a one-time performance. The fee is $130 and includes a performance t-shirt, 2 tickets, a DVD and covers some of the rental/cleaning costs for costumes. The fee for siblings is $100 and does not include a DVD.
Performance Fees will be applied as follows: Frozen and Reluctant Dragon – due at registration; A Chorus Line and A Charlie Brown Christmas – due Oct. 1; Twisted Tales, Willy Wonka and Seussical – due Nov 1.
- Andrew takes a year-long Musical Theatre (Willy Wonka or Seussical) and one dance class, and registers prior to Aug. 1, 2019. His total hours is 3 hours (2 for Musical Theatre and 1 for dance). His yearly tuition is $2130 (or $213/month). Upon registration, Andrew’s family would pay the $30 non-refundable registration. On Aug 1st, the first month of tuition will automatically be billed and charged at a rate of $213; with monthly tuition payments continuing through May 1st. His family would also pay a one-time performance fee of $130 on Nov. 1, 2019.
- Lauren takes a dance class which meets once a week for one hour per week and registers on Sept. 4, 2019. Lauren’s yearly tuition is $770. At registration, Lauren’s family would pay $30 registration fee, the August tuition payment of $77 and the Sept tuition payment of $77. Dance classes are not performance based and therefore there is no performance fee.
- Siblings Jane and John take the year long Musical Theatre class (Willy Wonka or Seussical) and they also, each take a dance class. They registered for all of their classes before Aug 1, 2019. Their total hours = 6. The yearly tuition for 6 hours is $3720 (or $372/month). At registration, Jane and John’s family would pay $50 registration fee. On August 1 they will pay their first tuition payment of $372. The family would also pay a one-time performance fee of $230 on Nov. 1, 2019. ($130 for Jane and $100 for John).
- Suzanne registers for the year long ADVANCED musical theatre class (AMT), A Chorus Line and 2 dance classes, prior to August 1, 2019. In addition, they have registered for another year long musical theatre class, for example Willy Wonka, but have indicated, that they only want to do ONE of the year long musical theatre classes, the advanced class if they are invited to participate or the other musical theatre class if they are not invited to participate. Suzanne’s family would pay the $30 registration fee at registration. Her total number of hours per week is assumed to be a minimum of 4 hours/week (4 hours/week for Willy Wonka and 5 hours/week for A Chorus Line). The yearly tuition for 4 hours/week of class instruction is $2720. On August 1, 2019, Suzanne’s family will be charged $272. If Suzanne is accepted in the AMT class, she will be automatically unenrolled in the other musical theatre class. The monthly tuition for 5 hours/week is $325/month. A $53 fee will be assessed for the August tuition amount ($325-272). Monthly tuition payments of $325/month will continue from Sept through Feb 1, 2020. Then her family will be charged $148/month for March, April and May (for the 2 dance classes). If she is not accepted in the AMT program, she will automatically be unenrolled in the AMT class. The tuition fee of $272/month will be assess from Sept 2019 – May 2020. If Suzanne is in the AMT class, the performance fee of $130 will be assessed on Oct. 1, 2019. If she is enrolled in Willy Wonka, the performance fee or $130 will be assessed on Nov. 1, 2019.
- Mark registers for the A Chorus Line (Advanced Musical Theatre – AMT) class prior to Aug. 1, 2019. Mark’s family will be charged the $30 registration fee. In addition, Mark’s family will be contacted to discuss the dance requirement for the AMT class. Students intending to fulfill the dance requirement at another student will need to submit a form with the relevant information verifying satisfaction of the requirement. They will also have the option of registering for a dance class through Not Just Dance. The yearly tuition for the AMT class is $2130. On August 1, 2019, Mark’s family will be charged $213. If Mark is then NOT invited to participate, the amount paid in tuition towards the AMT class (in this particular example, the $213), is refunded. If Mark IS invited to participate and has not provided proof of registration in a dance class, Mark will be automatically enrolled in a dance class where there are openings. Since Mark will now be taking 4 hours/week, his yearly tuition is $2720 and his monthly tuition will be $272/month. At that point, a tuition fee of $59 will be assessed ($272-$213) to cover the August payment for dance. The fees would then continue at the $272/month rate from Sept 2019 – March 2020; and then $77/month for April and May (because he is enrolled in 1 hour/wee and the monthly tuition for the 1 hour/week class is $77/month). If Mark is accepted into the program and has provided proof of satisfying his dance requirement, the monthly tuition amount of $213 will be assessed from Sept 2019 – March 2020. On Oct 1, 2019, Mark’s family will be assessed the performance fee of $130.
- New student referrals
- Receive $25 off tuition (New referral student must register and pay for one month. Tuition credit applied to the month in which the new student registers.
- Receive 2 free tickets to spring performance (Musical Theatre referrals)
Check the description for tuition rates, depending on the classification of class, workshop or camp.
- Meets weekly throughout the year
- Yearly Fee (divided into monthly payments)
- Payment Options:
- By Check at the beginning of the month
- Via Credit Card, set up to automatically deduct on the same day of the month (usually the 1st, 2nd or 3rd of the month)
What does a rate of $77 mean? All dance classes meet weekly. See list of dates the studio is closed. The rate for all classes is $770. For your convenience, we have divided the payments into 10 monthly payments of $77, payable at the beginning of the month (see policies). Sometimes a class meets 4 times a month, or 3 times in a month, or as many as 5 times one month or as little as 2 times in a month. Payments are always the same, because the payments cover all classes for the year and allows us to be competitive with what we pay our teachers. Most classes allow for makeups by attending other classes throughout the year. See detailed information under each class. At the start of the year, all parents will be provided with a complete listing of classes, make up dates/policies and all of the Not Just Dance policies.
A 10% late fee will automatically be applied for all payments received after the 4th of the month.
- Meets for a set number of classes, on the advertised date
- No Registration Fee
- Onetime fee, due before the class starts
- Sometimes, a “per class” fee can be arranged.
- Payment Options (due at registration):
- By Check
- Via Credit Card
- See details provided for payment amounts and schedules
- Usually, a non-refundable deposit is due when registering
- Private lessons are priced separately. See information under private coaching/lessons.
- No discounts.