Saturdays; 1 – 4 pm
August 29, 2020 – December 13, 2020
Auditions will be held Aug. 25 and 26 (see below); with call-backs, if necessary and by invitation only on Aug. 27. All students who register will be included in this production. No experience necessary.
- Friday, Dec. 11 @ 7 pm
- Saturday, Dec. 12 @ 7 pm
- Sunday, Dec. 13 @ 1 pm & 5 pm
$852 for first family member (4 monthly payments of $213 each)
(Refer to Tuition Information, using the “3 hours/month” column.)
A yearly, non-refundable registration fee is assessed at the time of registration, for every student at Not Just Dance.
A $150 performance fee will be assessed at registration. This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Siblings fee is $125 and does not include a DVD.
See Tuition Information for fee information.
Saturday Class Meeting Dates:
Aug 29, Sept 12, 19, 26, Oct 3, 10, 17, 24, Nov 7, 14, 21, Dec 5, 10, 11, 12, 13
ALL classes are held from 1:00 pm-4:00 pm EXCEPT as follows:
- Saturday Rehearsal: Nov. 21 (1:00 pm – 6:00 pm), Dec 5 (1:00 pm-6:00 pm)
- Thursday Rehearsal: Dec 10 (5:00 pm-9:00 pm)
Dec 11 at 7pm, Dec 12 at 7pm; Dec 13 at 1 pm & 5 pm
Note: All rehearsals are important. Students/Parents will be asked to provide a conflict list at auditions. If students are excused, they are expected to learn any material they missed. Since this class moves quickly, all students are expected to memorize songs, lines, choreography and blocking by the due dates set by the Directors. The mandatory dress rehearsals are Nov. 14, 21, Dec. 5, 10
- A Performance Fee will be assessed at registration. This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Siblings fee is lower and does not include a DVD.
- Monthly tuition payments will be processed on the first of the month August, 2020 – November, 2020. Please refer to the policies for additional information about tuition policies
No Class Dates:
Sept 5, Oct. 31, Nov 28 (Thanksgiving)
- Mother Goose – kind, cuddly narrator with a sharp tongue
- Big Bad Wolf Scrooge – mean, old, greedy and just plain humbuggy
- Philip Charming (Bob Cratchit character) – all around good guy and former prince w lost his kingdom and now works for Scrooge.
- Bale (Charity rep) – little pig who thought straw was darn good building material.
- Twig (charity rep) – little pig who build his house out of sticks.
- Brick (charity rep) – smartest of the three little pigs.
- Jack Scrooge’s nephew – former beanstalk owner & giant slayer who’s fallen on hard times, but loves his uncle.
- Cinderella Charming (aka Mrs. Cratchit) – spunky who loves her husband and children.
- Gretel Charming – her brother’s keeper.
- Hansel Charming – has serious directional issue.
- Tabitha Charming (reminds us of Tiny Tim) – poor little match girl with sunny optimism
- Jacob Midas Marley’s ghosts – loves his bling; had the golden touch as Scrooge’s business partner.
- Meriwether the Ghost of Christmas Past – she’s Cinderella’s bibbity-boppity fiary godmother.
- Little Bo Peep – Scrooge’s schoolmate in the past
- Humpty Dumpty – another past schoolmate
- Little Wolf – young Scrooge
- Fan (Scrooge’s sister) – kind duckling who’s sensitive about her looks
- Fezziwig – young Scrooge’s boss; happy kind, charitable shoemaker.
- Elf – employee of Fezziwig’s; works nights a lot.
- Medium Wolf – young adult Scrooge; a dashing young cub before he morphed into the mangy old dog
- Goldilocks – Medium Wolf’s true love and a girl who likes things just right
- Old King Cole the Ghost of Christmas Present; a merry old soul and a merry old soul is he
- Snow White – party guest; friend of Jack
- Miss Muffet
- Peter Piper
- Jack’s wife; the contrary one who loves Scrooge… not!
- Queen of Hearts – Ghost of Christmas Future; shrill and mean; don’t cross her or it’s off with your head
- Black Sheep – passerby on Christmas morning; recently shorn and freezing in the cold
- Extras as Londoners, students, elves, Cat, Little Boy Blue, other partiers.
[themify_box style=”yellow note”]Cast members may play more than one role.[/themify_box]
August 25 and 26, 2020
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
*Call backs, if necessary, and by invitation only will be Aug. 27 at 4 pm
All those auditioning, must register for the class. ALL students who are registered will be cast. In order to audition, students need to pay the registration fee and first month’s tuition. Visit the A Fairy Tale Christmas Carol page for more information about this class.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to REGISTER for an AUDITION slot.
Note: If you can not attend the date/time of the audition, please contact us, after registering, to set up an alternate date/time for the audition.
- Prepare 32 bars of music. Please pick a Christmas Carol. A blue tooth speaker will be made available. No accompanist will be available. Acapella is acceptable. However, we highly recommend that all those auditioning choose a song for which they have a backtrack.
- Prepare a 1 minute monologue
- Fill out the Audition Form. Bring it, along with a small photo. (If a resume/headshot is available, please bring that along with the Audition Form). The audition form will be provided to registered students.
- There will be 2 sessions for each audition date – from 6:00 – 8:00 pm AND from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
[themify_box style=”yellow note”]ALL students registered for this class WILL be cast.[/themify_box]