Consider yourself at home with Oliver! JR., the Broadway Junior version of Lionel Bart’s classic musical based on Charles Dickens’ novel, Oliver Twist. The Tony and Olivier Award-winning show is one of the few musicals to win an Academy Award for Best Picture and is widely hailed as a true theatrical masterpiece by actors and audience members alike.
The streets of Victorian England come to life as Oliver, a malnourished orphan in a workhouse, becomes the neglected apprentice of an undertaker. Oliver escapes to London and finds acceptance amongst a group of petty thieves and pickpockets led by the elderly Fagin. When Oliver is captured for a theft that he did not commit, the benevolent victim, Mr. Brownlow takes him in. Fearing the safety of his hideout, Fagin employs the sinister Bill Sikes and the sympathetic Nancy to kidnap him back, threatening Oliver’s chances of discovering the true love of a family.
Classes are held on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
This is NOT an audition in class. Once your student is registered they are in the class. Please make sure the scheduled performance dates are available dates for your students before registering.
- Friday, May 6 @ 7 pm
- Saturday, May 7 @ 2 pm & 7 pm
- Sunday, May 8 @ 2 pm
- Monthly tuition payments will be processed on the first of the month August, 2021 – May, 2022. Please refer to the policies for additional information about tuition policies. See Tuition Rates.
- The first monthly tuition payment will be charged on Aug. 1 or the date of registration (whichever comes first).
- Since this is a performance based class, the last date to drop this class is Nov. 30, 2021. After that point, parents will be responsible for all tuition through May 1, 2022. Please refer to the policy on dropping classes.
- All fees (tuition, registration, performance, etc) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
A registration fee will be assessed at the time of registration (one time fee per student per year). A performance fee will be assessed on Nov. 1, 2021. This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Note: Sibling registration and performance fees are discounted. See Tuition page for details.
All students must be registered to audition for Oliver JR. Audition preparations will be done in class. Students will be taught songs, sides and choreography. Based on which parts they are most interested in, they will be given appropriate choices, from Oliver, to use as part of their audition. Auditions will be held in class at the end of September. The auditions will be used to determine casting and goals for each student. As part of the class, students will be working towards those goals specifically developed for each student.
ALL registered students will participate in the production and will be cast in the show.
8 – 18