In roaring twenties Chicago, chorine Roxie Hart murders a faithless lover and convinces her hapless husband, Amos, to take the rap… until he finds out he’s been duped and turns on Roxie. Convicted and sent to death row, Roxie and another “Merry Murderess,” Velma Kelly, vie for the spotlight and the headlines, ultimately joining forces in search of the “American Dream”: fame, fortune, and acquittal.
Classes are held on Wednesdays from 6 pm – 9 pm.
You must audition and be cast to be in this class. Please see below about additional dates and extended times as we get closer to the actual performances as well as audition information. Please make sure the scheduled performance dates are available dates for your students before registering.
- Thursday, March 14 at 7:00 pm
- Friday, March 15 at 7:00 pm
- Saturday, March 16 at 7:00pm
- Sunday, March 17 at 2pm
Tuition is charged monthly, regardless of the number of classes held in a particular month. The first tuition will be collected at registration. Those accepted into the program will continue to be charged a monthly tuition amount from Sep. 1, 2024 (2nd payment) through Feb, 2024. Please refer to the policies for detailed information regarding tuition payments.
Please note that all students enrolled in this class must be concurrently taking dance classes through June 2024.
All students must be registered in dance or show proof of taking dance at another studio by Sept. 1st. If neither of those have happened, students will be automatically enrolled in a dance class that has openings and parents will be charged for the dance class along with the tuition for the Advanced Musical Theatre class. See the Tuition Rates page for examples.
Those not accepted into the program will be refunded any specific tuition paid towards the Advanced Musical Theatre class (only). Adjustments will be made to monthly tuition based on other registrations.
Students may not withdraw, if they audition and are accepted into the program. If there is a concern about the commitment or dates, please be sure to withdraw prior to the auditions.
This is an advanced class for students serious about musical theatre. Students must be enrolled in a concurrent dance class through June 2024 (see information under Tuition below). In addition, it is highly recommended that students be enrolled in choir at school or take private voice lessons.
Note: All students who register must audition and be accepted into the program.
Note: We will not be limiting the number of students who can initially register. So, if a student turns 10 this summer, you can either wait to register, or contact us and we’ll help get your student registered.
A registration fee will be assessed at the time of registration. A performance fee will be assessed on Sept. 1, 2023. This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Note: Sibling performance fees are discounted. See Tuition page for details.
This program is for serious students. Therefore, all those cast are expected to be enrolled in dance classes (at Not Just Dance OR elsewhere) and be either enrolled in music classes at school or taking private voice lessons. More specific requirements may be placed on other roles. See casting for information.
Chicago Dates & Information
Sept 6, 13, 20, 27; Oct 4, 11, 18, 25; Nov 1, 8, 15, 29; Dec 6, 13; Jan 3, 10, 17, 24, 31; Feb 7, 21, 24, 28; Mar 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
ALL classes are held Wednesdays from 6 pm – 9 pm EXCEPT as follows:
- Wednesday, Feb 21 (5:00pm – 9:00pm)
- Saturday, Feb 24 (1:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- Wednesday, Feb 28 (5:00pm – 9:00pm)
- Wednesday, March 6 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Saturday, March 9 (1:00pm – 6:00pm)
- Monday, March 11 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Tuesday, March 12 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Wednesday, March 13 (1:00 pm – 5:00pm)
- Performances (CALL TIMES TBD): Thursday, March 14 at 7:00 pm; Friday, March 15 at 7:00 pm; Saturday, March 16 at 7:00 pm, Sunday, March 17 at 2:00 pm
Note: All rehearsals are important. Students/Parents will be asked to provide a conflict list at auditions. If students are excused, they are expected to learn any material they missed. Since this class moves quickly, all students are expected to memorize songs, lines, choreography and blocking by the due dates set by the Directors. The mandatory dress rehearsals are Feb. 24, 28; March 6, 9, 11, 12, 13.
Chicago Audition Information
- Prepare 32 bars of music. Please pick from a musical (no pop music or rock music). Please bring a bluetooth compatible device. No accompanist will be available. Acapella is acceptable, however, not recommended.
- Prepare a 1 minute monologue. Please ensure that your monologue is age appropriate. No foul language.
- Come to the audition prepared for movement. (A bit of choreography will be taught at the audition)
- Fill out the Audition Form. Bring it, along with a small photo. (If a resume/headshot is available, please bring that along with the Audition Form). The audition form will be provided to registered students.
All students must be registered for Chicago to audition. If you have a conflict with the audition dates/times, please let us know at the time of registration. We will set up a separate audition for you.