Dinosaurs Before Dark
Magic Tree House: Dinosaurs before Dark KIDS is an adaptation of the first of Mary Pope Osborne’s award-winning fantasy adventure books from the Magic Tree House book series, which has sold more than 100 million copies and is available in more than 100 countries around the world. Jack and Annie’s tree house transports them back in time to the age of the dinosaurs, where the siblings courageously learn that things are not always what they seem.
Siblings, Jack and Annie, discover a tree house full of books while exploring one afternoon. Jack looks through a book about dinosaurs and wishes he could see a real one. Suddenly, the wind begins to blow and the tree house starts to spin wildly. When it finally stops, Jack and Annie open their eyes to find they have been transported back to the time of the dinosaurs. Jack and Annie have a harrowing adventure, befriending some dinosaurs along the way as they try to make their way back home.
Class is held on Tuesdays from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
This is NOT an audition in class. Once your student is registered they are in the class. Please make sure the scheduled performance dates are available dates for your students before registering.
- Friday, June 10 @ 7 pm
- Saturday, June 11 @ 2 pm
This production is for ages 7 – 12
A registration fee will be assessed at the time of registration. A performance fee will be assessed on Nov. 1, 2021. This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Note: Sibling registration and performance fees are discounted. See Tuition page for details.
- Monthly tuition payments will be processed on the first of the month August, 2021 – May, 2022. Please refer to the policies for additional information about tuition policies. See Tuition Rates.
- The first monthly tuition payment will be charged on Aug. 1 or the date of registration (whichever comes first).
- Since this is a performance based class, the last date to drop this class is Nov. 30, 2021. After that point, parents will be responsible for all tuition through May 1, 2022. Please refer to the policy on dropping classes.
- All fees (tuition, registration, performance, etc) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
All students must be registered to audition for Dinosaurs After Dark. Audition preparations will be done in class. Students will be taught songs, sides and choreography. Based on which parts they are most interested in, they will be given appropriate choices, from Dinosaurs After Dark, to use as part of their audition. Auditions will be held in class at the beginning of October. The auditions will be used to determine casting and goals for each student. As part of the class, students will be working towards those goals specifically developed for each student.
ALL registered students will participate in the production and will be cast in the show.
Tuesday Class Meeting Dates
Aug 31; Sept 7, 14, 21, 28; Oct 5, 12, 19, 26; Nov 9, 16, 23, 30; Dec 7, 14; Jan 11, 18, 25; Feb 1, 8, 22; March 1, 8, 15, 22; April 12, 19, 26; May 10, 17, 24; June 7, 9*, 10, 11
All classes meet from 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm EXCEPT as noted below.
- Tuesday, May 10 (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
- Tuesday, May 17 (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
- Tuesday, May 24 (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
- Tuesday, June 7 (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- Wednesday, June 8 (5:00 pm – 8:00 PM (Cast Party)
- Thursday, June 9 (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Note: All rehearsals are important. Students/Parents will be asked to provide a conflict list at auditions. If students are excused, they are expected to learn any material they missed. All students are expected to memorize songs, lines, choreography and blocking by the due dates set by the Directors. The mandatory dress rehearsals are May 10, 17, 24, June 7, 9
Dinosaurs Before Dark Cast Descriptions
Please click on a role to learn more about that part.