Bilbo Baggins is a comfortably well-off hobbit with a love for rousing adventure stories. Real adventures, however, are definitely not his cup of tea. So when Gandalf the wizard knocks at Bilbo’s door, bringing with him Thorin Oakenshield, 11 ragged looking dwarfs, and a contract for an adventure to recover the lost treasure of Lonely Mountain, Bilbo could not be less interested—at first. But Bilbo’s love of a good story gets the better of him, and before he knows it, he is off on a perilous quest over mountain and under hill through caves and forest and slimy dark places.
Classes are held on Saturdays from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
This class does not require an audition to participate. Once your student is registered they are in the class. Please make sure both the scheduled performance dates and the snow makeup dates are available dates for your students before registering. Once you register, you will be invited to register for an audition. Auditions will be held prior to the first day to determine who is playing which parts.
- Saturday, June 4 @ 2 pm & 7 pm
- Sunday, June 5 @ 2 pm
- Monthly tuition payments will be processed on the first of the month December, 2021 – May, 2022. Please refer to the policies for additional information about tuition policies. See Tuition Rates.
- The first monthly tuition payment will be charged on Dec. 1 or the date of registration (whichever comes first).
- All fees (tuition, registration, performance, etc) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
This production is for ages 8 – 18
A registration will be charged at the time of registration (one time fee per student per year). The performance fee will be charged on Dec. 1, 2021 (or the date of registration, whichever is sooner). This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Note: Sibling registration and performance fees are discounted. See Tuition page for details.
All students must be registered to audition for The Hobbit. Auditions will be held in January before the first day of class. The auditions will be used to determine casting and goals for each student. As part of the class, students will be working towards those goals specifically developed for each student.
Saturday Class Meeting Dates:
Jan 8, 15, 22, 29; Feb 5, 12, 26; Mar 5, 12, 19, 26; April 16, 23, 30; May 14, 26; June 1, 2
Performances: June 4 (at 2 pm & 7 pm); June 5 (at 2 pm)
ALL classes are held from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm EXCEPT as follows:
- Saturday Rehearsals: April 23 (9:00 am – 1:00 pm), April 30 (1:00 pm-6:00 pm), May 14 (1:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
- Thursday Rehearsal: May 26 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Wednesday Rehearsal: June 1 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Thursday Rehearsal: June 2 (5:00 pm-9:00 pm)
Note: All rehearsals are important. Students/Parents will be asked to provide a conflict list at auditions. If students are excused, they are expected to learn any material they missed. Since this class moves quickly, all students are expected to memorize lines, movement and blocking by the due dates set by the Directors. The mandatory dress rehearsals are April 23, 30, May 14, 26, June 1, 2.