Little Mermaid JR
Journey “under the sea” with Ariel and her aquatic friends in Disney’s The Little Mermaid JR., adapted from Disney’s Broadway production and the motion picture (featuring the enormously popular Academy Award-winning music and delightfully charming book and lyrics). Based on one of Hans Christian Andersen’s most beloved stories, Disney’s The Little Mermaid JR. is an enchanting look at the sacrifices we all make for love and acceptance.
In a magical underwater kingdom, the beautiful young mermaid, Ariel, longs to leave her ocean home — and her fins — behind and live in the world above. But first, she’ll have to defy her father, King Triton, make a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, and convince the handsome Prince Eric that she’s the girl whose enchanting voice he’s been seeking.
Classes are held on Wednesdays or Fridays from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Sign up for one class (either Wednesday or Fridays). Both classes will work on the same production of Little Mermaid JR. Therefore, there are some days where Wednesday students are asked to attend on a Friday; and Friday students are asked to attend on Wednesday. See below.
This is NOT an audition in class. Once your student is registered they are in the class. Students will be taught audition materials in the first classes and auditions will be held in class. Please double check all of the dates and performance dates against family calendars.
- Friday, May 20 @ 7 pm
- Saturday, May 21 @ 2 pm & 7 pm
- Sunday, May 22 @ 2 pm
- Tuition is a yearly fee broken into ten monthly payments. The monthly tuition payment is the same, regardless of the number of classes in that month.
- Monthly tuition payments will be processed on the first of the month August, 2021 – May, 2022. Please refer to the Not Just Dance policies for information about tuition. See Tuition Rates.
- The first monthly tuition payment will be charged on Aug. 1 or the date of registration (whichever comes first).
- Since this is a performance based class, the last date to drop this class is Nov. 30, 2021. After that point, parents will be responsible for all tuition through May 1, 2022. Please refer to the policy on dropping classes.
- All fees (tuition, registration, performance, etc) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
A registration fee will be assessed at the time of registration. A performance fee will be assessed on Nov. 1, 2021. This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Note: Sibling registration and performance fees are discounted. See Tuition page for details.
All students must be registered to audition for Little Mermaid JR. Audition preparations will be done in class. Students will be taught songs, sides and choreography. Based on which parts they are most interested in, they will be given appropriate choices, from Little Mermaid, to use as part of their audition. Auditions will be held in class at the end of September. The auditions will be used to determine casting and goals for each student. As part of the class, students will be working towards those goals specifically developed for each student.
ALL registered students will participate in the production and will be cast in the show.
8 – 18
Wednesday Class Meeting Dates
Sept 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; Oct 6, 13, 20, 27; Nov 3, 10, 17; Dec 1, 8; Jan 5, 12, 19, 26; Feb 2, 9, 11, 23; March 2, 9, 16, 23; April 13, 20, 27, 29; May 2, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22; June 8
Friday Class Meeting Dates
Aug 27, Sept 10, 17, 24; Oct 1*, 8, 15, 22; Nov 5, 12, 19, 22*; Dec 3, 10, 13*; Jan 7, 14, 21, 28; Feb 4, 11, 14, 25; March 4, 11, 18, 25*; April 15, 22, 25*, 29*; May 9, 11, 13, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22; June 8
*Both (Wednesday and Friday Students Attend) Dates
The following are BOTH rehearsals, meaning that students from both the Wednesday AND the Friday class to attend:
All classes meet from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm EXCEPT as noted below.
- Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2021
- Wednesday, Jan 12, 2022
- Friday, Feb. 11, 2022
- Wednesday, April 13, 2022
- Friday, Apr. 29, 2022
- Monday, May 2, 2022
- Monday, May 9, 2022 (6:00 pm – 8:30 pm)
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022 (6:00 pm – 8:30 pm)
- Friday, May 13, 2022 (6:00 pm – 8:30 pm)
- Monday, May 16, 2022 (5 pm – 9 pm)
- Thursday, May 18, 2022 (5 pm – 9 pm)
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022 (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Note: All rehearsals are important. Students/Parents will be asked to provide a conflict list at auditions. If students are excused, they are expected to learn any material they missed. All students are expected to memorize songs, lines, choreography and blocking by the due dates set by the Directors. The mandatory dress rehearsals are May 9, 11, 13, 16, 18.
No Class for Little Mermaid on the following dates:
Labor Day Weekend: Sept. 3
Fall Break: October 29
Thanksgiving: Nov. 24, 26
Christmas Performance and Rehearsal: Dec. 15, 17
Winter Break: Dec. 22, 24, 29, 31
Footloose Performance and Theatre Preparation: Feb. 16, 18
Puffs Performance and Theatre Preparation: March 30, Apr. 1
Spring Break: April 6, 8
Oliver Performance and Rehearsal: May 4, 6
Post-Performance: May 25
Memorial Day: May 27
Hobbit Rehearsals and Performances: June 1, 3
Little Mermaid Cast Descriptions
Please click on a character name to get more information about that character.
LITTLE MERMAID COLOR #70a5d4