A Practically Perfect Broadway Junior musical!
Based on one of the most popular Disney movies of all time and the Broadway musical that played for over 2,500 performances and received multiple Olivier and Tony Awards nominations, Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s Mary Poppins is capturing hearts in a whole new way: as a practically perfect Broadway Junior musical!
The jack-of-all trades, Bert, introduces us to England in 1910 and the troubled Banks family. Young Jane and Michael have sent many a nanny packing before Mary Poppins arrives on their doorstep. Using a combination of magic and common sense, she must teach the family members how to value each other again. Mary Poppins takes the children on many magical and memorable adventures, but Jane and Michael aren’t the only ones upon whom she has a profound effect. Even grown-ups can learn a lesson or two from the nanny who advises that “Anything can happen if you let it.”
Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s Mary Poppins JR. is an enchanting mixture of irresistible story, unforgettable songs and breathtaking dance numbers.
Be sure to consider joining the Not Just Dance “Techies” class to get work on magical elements for this show!
Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:30 pm OR Thursdays, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Friday, May 14 @ 7 pm
- Saturday, May 15 @ 2 pm & 7 pm
- Sunday, May 16 @ 2 pm
A $150 performance fee will be assessed on Nov. 1, 2020. This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Siblings fee is $125 and does not include a DVD.
All students enrolled in classes at Not Just Dance will pay a non-refundable registration fee at the time of registration.
Please visit the Tuition Rates page for specific information about tuition and fees, and all information related to payments. When registering a student for a class you will be required to entire a credit card to keep on file and be required to agree to all of the Not Just Dance Tuition Policies. See Tuition Rates
Tuesday Class Meeting Dates:
Sept 8, 15, 22, 29; Oct 6, 8, 13, 20, 27; Nov 3, 10, 17; Dec 1, 8, 15, 17; Jan 5, 12, 19, 26; Feb 2, 16, 23; March 2, 9, 23; April 6, 13, 15, 20, 27; May 4, 6, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16; June 1, 8
Thursday Class Meeting Dates:
Sept 8, 10, 17, 24; Oct 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; Nov 5, 10, 12, 19; Dec 3, 8, 17; Jan 7, 14, 21, 28; Feb 4, 16, 18, 25; March 4, 11, 25; April 8, 15, 22, 29; May 4, 6, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 27; June 8
*** Both Tuesday and Thursday Class Meeting Dates:
All classes meet from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm EXCEPT as noted below.
The following are BOTH rehearsals, meaning that students from both the Monday AND the Friday class must attend
- Thursday, September 8, 2020
- Thursday, October 8, 2020
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2020
- Thursday, Dec. 17, 2020
- Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021
- Thursday, April 15, 2021
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Thursday, May 6, 2021 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Tuesday, May 11 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Wednesday, May 12 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Note: We have planned for extra days which allow for the occasional snow day.
Note: All rehearsals are important. Students/Parents will be asked to provide a conflict list at auditions. If students are excused, they are expected to learn any material they missed. Since this class moves quickly, all students are expected to memorize songs, lines, choreography and blocking by the due dates set by the Directors. The mandatory dress rehearsals are May 4, 6, 11, 12
- May 14 @ 7 pm (call time TBD)
- May 15 @ 2 pm & 7 pm (call time TBD)
- May 16 @ 2 pm (call time TBD)
We will hold auditions at the classes on Sept 24th and 29th in order to determine which students will play which part. In the month of Sept, we will be preparing for auditions. Our preparations include learning songs from the show, becoming familiar with characters, learning a dance audition song (again from the show), and doing exercises that help in areas of characterization, rhythm, stage presence, etc. It is during the first month and following the auditions, that the instructors will set goals for each student.
Make Up Classes:
Students are welcome to make up classes! So, if they miss a class on Tuesday, they may come to a class on a Thursday. We actually encourage this so that they can spend time with the other students. Please give us as much notice as possible if your child will miss class or if they plan to attend a make-up, as we make plans based on who we expect at each class.
No Class Dates (for Mary Poppins JR):
- Thanksgiving Week: Nov. 24, 26
- Fairy Tales Christmas Carol Rehearsal: Dec. 10
- Winter Break: Dec. 22, 24, 29, 31
- Matilda Rehearsals: Feb. 9, 11
- Clue Rehearsals: March 16, 18
- Spring Break: March 30, April 1
- Post Show Break/Moana Rehearsals: May 18, 20, 25, June 3
- A Performance Fee will be assessed on Nov. 1, 2020. This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Siblings fee is lower and does not include a DVD.
- Monthly tuition payments will be processed on the first of the month August, 2020 – May, 2021. Please refer to the policies for additional information about tuition policies.
- Since this is performance based class, the last day to drop this class is Nov. 30, 2020. After that point, parents will be responsible for tuition through May 1, 2021. Please refer to the policy about dropping classes.
All students must be registered to audition for Mary Poppins JR. Audition preparations will be done in class. Students will be taught songs, sides and choreography. Based on which parts they are most interested in, they will be given appropriate choices, from Mary Poppins JR, to use as part of their audition. Auditions will be held in class at the end of September/beginning of October. The auditions will be used to determine casting and goals for each student. As part of the class, students will be working towards those goals specifically developed for each student.
ALL registered students will participate in the production and will be cast in the show. This class is FULL.