Oliver Audition Information
All students must be registered to audition for Oliver JR. Audition preparations will be done in class. Students will be taught songs, sides and choreography. Based on which parts they are most interested in, they will be given appropriate choices, from Oliver JR, to use as part of their audition. Auditions will be held in class at the end of September/beginning of October. The auditions will be used to determine casting and goals for each student. As part of the class, students will be working towards those goals specifically developed for each student.
ALL registered students will participate in the production and will be cast in the show. If the class is full, please register for the waitlist AND find a class that has openings. (We recommend ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas which is also a musical.)
Consider yourself at home with Oliver! JR., the Broadway Junior version of Lionel Bart’s classic musical based on Charles Dickens’ novel, Oliver Twist. The Tony and Olivier Award-winning show is one of the few musicals to win an Academy Award for Best Picture and is widely hailed as a true theatrical masterpiece by actors and audience members alike.
The streets of Victorian England come to life as Oliver, a malnourished orphan in a workhouse, becomes the neglected apprentice of an undertaker. Oliver escapes to London and finds acceptance amongst a group of petty thieves and pickpockets led by the elderly Fagin. When Oliver is captured for a theft that he did not commit, the benevolent victim, Mr. Brownlow takes him in. Fearing the safety of his hideout, Fagin employs the sinister Bill Sikes and the sympathetic Nancy to kidnap him back, threatening Oliver’s chances of discovering the true love of a family.
Classes are held on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
This is NOT an audition in class. Once your student is registered they are in the class. Please make sure the scheduled performance dates are available dates for your students before registering.
- Friday, May 6 @ 7 pm
- Saturday, May 7 @ 2 pm & 7 pm
- Sunday, May 8 @ 2 pm
- Monthly tuition payments will be processed on the first of the month August, 2021 – May, 2022. Please refer to the policies for additional information about tuition policies. See Tuition Rates.
- The first monthly tuition payment will be charged on Aug. 1 or the date of registration (whichever comes first).
- Since this is a performance based class, the last date to drop this class is Nov. 30, 2021. After that point, parents will be responsible for all tuition through May 1, 2022. Please refer to the policy on dropping classes.
- All fees (tuition, registration, performance, etc) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
A registration fee will be assessed at the time of registration (one time fee per student per year). A performance fee will be assessed on Nov. 1, 2021. This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Note: Sibling registration and performance fees are discounted. See Tuition page for details.
All students must be registered to audition for Oliver JR. Audition preparations will be done in class. Students will be taught songs, sides and choreography. Based on which parts they are most interested in, they will be given appropriate choices, from Oliver, to use as part of their audition. Auditions will be held in class at the end of September. The auditions will be used to determine casting and goals for each student. As part of the class, students will be working towards those goals specifically developed for each student.
ALL registered students will participate in the production and will be cast in the show.
8 – 18
Tuesday Class Meeting Dates
Aug 31; Sept 7, 14, 21, 28; Oct 5, 12, 19, 26, 28*; Nov 9, 16, 23, 30; Dec 7, 14; Jan 11, 18, 25; Feb 1, 8, 10*, 22; March 1, 8, 15, 22; April 12, 14*, 19, 26, 28*; May 3, 4*, 5*, 6, 7, 8, 31; June 8
Thursday Class Meeting Dates
Sept 2, 9, 16, 23, 28*, 30; Oct 7, 14, 21, 28; Nov 4, 11, 18; Dec 2, 9, 14*; Jan 6, 13, 20, 27; Feb 3, 10, 24; March 3, 10, 17, 22*, 24; April 14, 21, 26*, 28; May 3*, 4*, 5, 6, 7, 8, 31*; June 8
*Both (Monday and Friday Students Attend) Dates
The following are BOTH rehearsals, meaning that students from both the Tuesday AND the Thursday class attend.
All classes meet from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm EXCEPT as noted below.
- Tuesday, September 28, 2021
- Thursday, October 28, 2021
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- Thursday, Feb. 10, 2022
- Tuesday, Mar. 22, 2022
- Thursday, Apr. 14, 2022
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 (6:00 pm – 8:30 pm) – Mandatory
- Thursday, April 28, 2022 (6:00 pm – 8:30 pm) – Mandatory
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 (5 pm – 9 pm) – Mandatory
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 (5 pm – 9 pm) – Mandatory
- Thursday, May 5, 2022 (5 pm – 9 pm) – Mandatory
- Tuesday, May 31, 2022 (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- Wednesday, June 8 (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm) Cast party
Note: All rehearsals are important. Students/Parents will be asked to provide a conflict list at auditions. If students are excused, they are expected to learn any material they missed. Since this class moves quickly, all students are expected to memorize songs, lines, choreography and blocking by the due dates set by the Directors. The mandatory dress rehearsals are April 26, 28, May 3, 4, 5
No Class Dates (for Mary Poppins JR):
- Fall Break Nov. 2
- Thanksgiving Week: Nov. 25
- Christmas Rehearsal: Dec. 16
- Winter Break: Dec. 21, 23, 28, 30, Jan 4
- Footloose Rehearsals: Feb. 15, 17
- Puffs Rehearsal & Performance: March 29, 31
- Spring Break: April 5, 7
- Dinosaurs Rehearsals: May 10, 17, 24, June 7
- Half Year Rehearsals: May 26, June 2
- Little Mermaid Rehearsal: May 19
- Prime Time Summer Auditions: May 31
Oliver Cast Descriptions
(please click on a character name for more information)