Horton the Elephant, the Cat in the Hat and all of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters spring to life onstage in Seussical KIDS, a fantastical musical extravaganza from Tony-winners, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Lucky Stiff, My Favorite Year, Once on This Island, Ragtime).
Transporting audiences from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus, the Cat in the Hat, our narrator, tells the story of Horton, an elephant who discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos, including Jojo, a Who child, who gets in trouble for thinking too many “thinks.” Horton’s challenge is twofold — not only must he protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, but he must also guard an abandoned egg that’s been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger, kidnapping and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and emerge triumphant!
Classes are held on Tuesday or Thursday from 5 pm – 6:30 pm.
All students who register for the class will participate in the performance. Auditions will be held in class. Please double check all dates to ensure that your student is able to participate before registering. All tuition and fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. See Policies.
- Friday, April 12 at 7 pm
- Saturday, April 13 at 7 pm
- Sunday, April 14 at 2pm
- The monthly tuition payment is the same, regardless of the number of classes in that month.
- The first monthly tuition payment will be processed at registration. The 2nd payment will be processed on Sept. 1, 2023. Remaining tuition will be collected on the 1st of the month through March 2024. Please refer to the Not Just Dance policies for information about tuition. See Tuition Rates.
- Since this is a performance based class, the last date to drop this class is Oct. 31, 2023. After that point, parents will be responsible for all tuition through March 1, 2024. Please refer to the policy on dropping classes.
- All fees (tuition, registration, performance, etc) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
A one-time registration fee will be collected at the time of registration. The one-time performance fee will be collected on Aug. 1, 2023 or at registration (if after Aug. 1). The performance fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Note: Sibling performance fees are discounted. See Tuition page for details.
Note: While the age range for this class is 7-13, Not Just Dance reserves the right to change the minimum age for this class, based on registrations in order to create the best possible experience for all students.
All students must be registered to audition for Suessical Kids. Audition preparations will be done in class. Students will be taught songs, sides and choreography. Based on which parts they are most interested in, they will be given appropriate choices, from Suessical Kids, to use as part of their audition. Auditions will be held in class. The auditions will be used to determine casting and goals for each student. As part of the class, students will be working towards those goals specifically developed for each student.
ALL registered students will participate in the production and will be cast in the show.
Suessical Kids Dates and Information
Tuesday Class Meeting Dates:
Sept 5, 12, 19, 26; Oct 3, 10, 17, 24, 26*; Nov 7,14, 28*; Dec 5, 7; Jan 4, 9, 16*, 23, 30; Feb 6, 20, 27; March 5*, 7*, 19,* 21*; April 2*, 3*, 10*, 11*, 12*, 13*, 14*
Thursday Class Meeting Dates:
Sept 7, 14, 21, 28; Oct 5, 12, 19, 26*; Nov 2, 9, 16, 28*, 30; Dec 7; Jan 4, 11, 16*, 18; Feb 1, 8, 22, 29; March 5*, 7*, 19*, 21*; April 2*, 3*, 10*, 11*, 12*, 13*, 14*
*Both Tuesday and Thursday Class Meeting Dates
All classes meet from 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm EXCEPT as noted below.
The following are BOTH rehearsals, meaning that students from both the Tuesday AND Thursday class must attend.
- Thursday, October 26, 2023
- Tuesday, November 28, 2023
- Thursday, Dec. 7, 2023
- Thursday, Jan. 4, 2024
- Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2024
- Tuesday, March 5, 2024
- Thursday, March 7, 2024
- Tuesday, March 19, 2024
- Thursday, March 21, 2024
- Tuesday, April 2, 2024 (5:00pm – 8:00pm)
- Wednesday, April 3, 2024 (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- Wednesday, April 10, 2023 (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- Thursday, April 11, 2023 (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Note: All rehearsals are important. Students/Parents will be asked to provide a conflict list at auditions. If students are excused, they are expected to learn any material they missed. All students are expected to memorize songs, lines, choreography and blocking by the due dates set by the Directors. The mandatory dress rehearsals are March 19, 21; April 2, 3, 10, 11.