Inspired by “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas”, The Grunch tells the story of Rudy Grunch, a grumpy kid who always feels like an outsider. When the entire school gets excited about the annual school musical, he comes up with a perfect plan to ruin it for everyone; he’ll steal the sets, costumes and lights the night before it opens. But will the spirit of theatre prevail?
This class meets Saturdays from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
All students who register for the class will participate in the performance. Please double check all dates to ensure that your student is able to participate before registering. All tuition and fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. See Policies.
- Dec 15 at 7pm
- Dec 16 at 2pm & 7pm
***SNOW MAKEUP*** Dec 17 @ 2pm & 7pm
- Tuition is a fee broken into payments. The monthly tuition payment is the same, regardless of the number of classes in that month.
- Monthly tuition payments will be processed starting at registration and then on the first of the month September 2023 – November 2023. Please refer to the Not Just Dance policies for information about tuition. See Tuition Rates.
- Since this is a performance based class, once registered you will not be able to drop the class. Please refer to the policy on dropping classes.
- All fees (tuition, registration, performance, etc) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
A registration will be collected at the time of registration. The one-time performance fee will be collected on Aug. 1, 2023 or at registration (if after Aug. 1). This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Note: Sibling performance fees are discounted. See Tuition page for details.
Note: While the age range for this class is 7-18, Not Just Dance reserves the right to change the minimum age for this class, based on registrations in order to create the best possible experience for all students.
All students must be registered to audition for The Grunch. Auditions will be held on August 26th from 10 am – 12 pm. Please register for an audition slot. The auditions will be used to determine casting and goals for each student. As part of the class, students will be working towards those goals specifically developed for each student.
ALL registered students will participate in the production and will be cast in the show.
The Grunch Dates and Information
Saturday Class Meeting Dates:
Sept 9, 16, 23, 30; Oct 7, 14, 21, 28; Nov 4, 11, 18; Dec 2, 9, 12, 14, 15, 16
ALL classes are held from 10:00 am-1:00 pm EXCEPT as follows:
- Saturday Rehearsals: Nov. 11 (9:00 am – 1:00 pm), Nov. 18 (9:00 am – 1:00 pm), Dec 2 (9:00 am-1:00 pm), Dec 9 (9:00 am – 1:00 pm)
- Tuesday Rehearsal: Dec 12 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Thursday Rehearsal: Dec 14 (5:00 pm-9:00 pm)
The Grunch Cast Descriptions
RUDY GRUNCH – despises musicals, outsider
MILLS – Grunch’s loyal younger cousin
WHOOVER DRAMA CLUB
HARPER – musical theatre fanatic
JAYDEN – student director
LESLIE – dramatic, leading lady
CHRIS – really into ping-pong
COLLIN – obsessed with Shakespeare
RACHEL – stage manager
ROBYN – lawyer type
JAVIER – aspiring star
ALEX – piano player
JAMIE – costume designer
ALLEN – lighting designer
ISADORA – choreographer
DRAMA CLUB CHORUS (flexible)
WHOOVER ACADEMY STAFF
PRINCIPAL AUGUSTUS – has a tendency to misspeak simple words
MRS. WOODS – has been teaching little kids for WAY too long
NEW YORK TIMES (Mrs. Grunch)
CRITICS CHORUS (optional & flexible)
JUNIOR STARS (FLOWERS)
JUNIOR STARS CHORUS (optional & flexible)