‘Twas The Night Before Christmas
It’s four days before Christmas, and the New York Evening Post needs a holiday feature story. President James Monroe is counting on reading it to his family on Christmas Day. But writer Clement Moore has writer’s block. Besides that, he must work at home amongst his five children who are, needless to say, very anxious for St. Nicholas to arrive. Clement’s frustration mounts—then the magic begins. The sounds of bells, moving toys and visions of Sugar Plum Fairies all conspire to help Clement, as the events from the classic poem come to life. Interwoven with carolers, a song to St. Nicholas, dancing fairies and much more, including, of course, a visit from the old elf himself, this delightful musical concludes with the complete original poem set to exquisite music. Commissioned and first produced by Stages Theatre Company, this fresh telling of the most popular Christmas poem ever told will delight audiences of all ages.
Classes are held on Saturdays from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
This is NOT an audition in class. Once your student is registered they are in the class. Please make sure both the scheduled performance dates and the snow makeup dates are available dates for your students before registering.
- Friday, Dec. 17 @ 7 pm
- Saturday, Dec. 18 @ 2 pm & 7 pm
- Snow Dates: December 19 @ 2 pm & 7 pm
A registration & performance fee will be charged at the time of registration (one time fee per student per year). This fee includes a performance t-shirt, DVD, 2 tickets and costume cleaning/rental fees. Note: Sibling registration and performance fees are discounted. See Tuition page for details.
- Monthly tuition payments will be processed on the first of the month August, 2021 – Nov, 2021. Please refer to the policies for additional information about tuition policies. See Tuition Rates.
- The first monthly tuition payment will be charged on Aug. 1 or the date of registration (whichever comes first).
- All fees (tuition, registration, performance, etc) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
This production is for ages 8 – 18
All students must be registered to audition for T’was The Night Before Christmas. Auditions will be held in August before the first day of class. The auditions will be used to determine casting and goals for each student. As part of the class, students will be working towards those goals specifically developed for each student.
Saturday Class Meeting Dates
Aug 28, Sept 11, 18, 25, Oct 2, 9, 16, 23, Nov 6, 13, 20, Dec 4, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18
ALL classes are held from 1:00 pm-4:00 pm EXCEPT as follows:
- Saturday Rehearsals: Nov. 13 (9:00 am – 1:00 pm), Nov. 20 (9:00 am – 1:00 pm), Dec 4 (9:00 am-1:00 pm), Dec 11 (9:00 am – 1:00 pm)
- Wednesday Rehearsal: Dec 15 (5:00 pm – 9:00 pm)
- Thursday Rehearsal: Dec 16 (5:00 pm-9:00 pm)
Note: All rehearsals are important. Students/Parents will be asked to provide a conflict list at auditions. If students are excused, they are expected to learn any material they missed. Since this class moves quickly, all students are expected to memorize songs, lines, choreography and blocking by the due dates set by the Directors. The mandatory dress rehearsals are Nov. 13, 20, Dec. 4, 11, 15, 16.