At Not Just Dance, we have been carefully watching the events and educating ourselves on the best practices given the rapidly evolving COVID-19 coronavirus situation. The health and safety of our Not Just Dance community, our students, their families and our patrons, remain our primary concern. At this time, there are no known cases of COVID-19 at Not Just Dance and Virginia (along with Fairfax County) continues to be designated as low risk. Based on that information, Not Just Dance plans to be OPEN and will immediately implement the following policy changes:
For classes (dance, voice, theatre):
- If your student has a fever or are experiences any flu or cold like symptoms, please do not come to class. (Parents, please follow the procedures for reporting absences.)
- If a parent has a fever or is experiencing any flu or cold like symptoms, do not enter the premises.
- All students must bring a labeled water bottle from home. Students will not be permitted to use the water fountain.
- All students are asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer: upon entering the building, whenever they wipe their noses and when they use the bathroom. We highly recommend that you use hand sanitizer in the car on the way home and/or wash hands as soon as you get home. Please review proper hand washing techniques with your students. We have put the lyrics to some songs in the bathrooms that they can sing while washing their hands.
- No food will be permitted in the studio.
- Not Just Dance will wipe down commonly used surfaces (door knobs, bathrooms, etc) frequently per the guidance of the CDC.
- Not Just Dance uses a cleaning service that follows the guidelines of the CDC for cleaning. These cleaning sessions will continue every week.
- Please review with the students that they should cover their faces when coughing or sneezing. If they cough or sneeze into their hands, they should immediately wash their hands. We have placed tissues in all rooms of the studio.
- No hugs or handshakes please.
For A Chorus Line:
At this time, our plan is to move forward with all performances of A Chorus Line, with the following changes to our performance procedures:
- Please see all of the guidelines above.
- We will limit the number of tickets sold to each show to ensure that there are no more than 100 patrons at each show.
- We ask that any patron who is sick or experience cold or flu like symptoms not attend the performance. (Note: We recognize that it is allergy season. If you know that your stuffy nose is a result of allergies, you are welcome to attend the performances.)
- Anyone who is sick or has a weakened immune system and is therefore uncomfortable attending the performance, who has purchased tickets, will be eligible for a full refund. If patrons choose to donate back the cost of the tickets to Not Just Dance, we would be most appreciative. However, we will waive our “no refund” policy for this performance. To receive a refund, please e-mail contact_us@NotJustDance.net or call 571-392-3209.
- Concessions and Star Grams will ONLY have pre-wrapped goodies. No baked goods.
- We are doing what we can to secure extra hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes to have at the studio which will be made available to all patrons. (Note: If anyone in the community has these products and are willing to make a donation to Not Just Dance, we will gladly accept your donation as these products are hard to come by.)
We will continue to monitor this situation and if things change, we will use this website as a way to communicate any changes to these procedures/processes.
Fairfax County Coronavirus Information: